14 Reasons Why Martial Arts is Better for Kids Than Team Sports:
1. Self-defense: okay that may be the obvious reason but it's true. One of the reasons why people freeze in a confrontation is because they simply don't know what to do. The martial arts train you to deal with confrontation both verbal and physical. Beware not all styles of martial arts will give you real world self-defense so look into the art before investing time and money into training.
2. self-confidence: There are only two ways to build your self-confidence. One is to set a goal and achieve it and the other is to make a promise and keep it. The martial arts gives you set goals and standards to achieve to earn your next rank, improve technique, overcome obstacles and more.
3. Belts and ranking: Belts and ranking plus patches, trophies, and other awards give recognition to the individual’s achievements. This will build confidence by reaching one goal at a time on your journey to Black Belt and beyond. Stripes, belts, and other awards are a great way to motivate, inspire, and track ones knowledge and progress.
4. Individual achievement: no one sits on the bench: One of the great things about training in a school is you get to push your fellow classmates to a higher level as they push you to achieve. You get the benefits of training “with or on the team” but when you compete it’s all up to you. It gives you the benefit of both worlds.
5. Gender equality: Woman and men or boys and girls can train together in the martial arts. It seems that parents are ok with boys training but seem to push girls in other directions. Girls need the martial arts maybe more than boys. Fact is that they will probably need the self-defense skills in real world situation more than the boys will.
6. Weight control and physical fitness: Martial Arts can be a total body workout. There is strength training, cardio, stretching, upper and lower body techniques ranging from punches, kicks, takedowns, throws, submissions and more. It improves coordination, posture, agility, flexibility and more.
7. Families can do it together with their children: This may be the best reason. Imagine setting goals and reaching them as a family. Getting workouts together, “playing” martial arts together, earning Black Belts together are great things to keep a common bond for the entire family. My Sweetheart, son, daughter, son in law are all Black Belts and or professional fighters. Evan my grandchildren have started training. It is an awesome experience to share.
8. The never ending season or session: Depending where you live some sports are seasonal. I know when I played outdoor soccer in Buffalo NY we didn’t do it in a foot or more of snow. So there was a break between seasons. It is hard to master a skill if you do it for a few months than stop until next year or next season. You can practice Martial Arts indoors or outdoors and weather doesn’t matter.
9. Self-control / respect for strength: Self-control is developed with the discipline of the Martial Arts. You learn to pull a punch or drive through. You develop an understanding of strength and how to respect and manipulate it. The stronger person doesn’t always win. You also learn control so you can train with others without hurting them or getting hurt.
10. Athletic development: There are many styles of Martial Arts that will develop your athletic skills but some are better than others. A complete system would have self-defense, traditional techniques, punching, kicking, takedowns/throws, and control on the ground (grappling). There should be things you can practice by yourself and moves with a partner. The greater range of technique you perform the better understanding of physiology. This knowledge will translate to other sports.
11. It’s worldwide: Martial arts are practices all over the world. One style might be more common in one country than another but Martial arts is everywhere. Many countries have sports that are only played in that country and not available to everyone but all walks of life can practice in the Martial Arts.
12. Competition: train as a team and compete as an individual (teamwork and independence): As mention throughout this explanation of why Martial Arts are better for you and your children than team sports you can get the benefits of both worlds. If you choose to compete you need people to teach you, workout with you, practice with, spar, motivate and inspire you. Your instructors and your fellow classmates are there to make you perform at your best. When you compete though you may have the support of the team but you have to perform to win. No relying on someone else to make the play, it’s all up to you.
13. Exercise your mind as well as your body: This is where a program with an emphasis on personal development is great. Few if any team sports will have tenants, student creeds, blue print for success, curriculum to develop a student to be better at work or school, home, at the academy, and in the community. Many martial arts programs have all of this. Parents get your children involved in a good Martial Arts program and get involved with them. This doesn’t prevent them from playing other sports but it will enhance that sport if they do and it will bring you closer together.
14. Discipline: This comes in many forms. A martial art curriculum that combines the character education program develops both the physical technique but more importantly the mind. It is true that just going to class, practicing, pushing through tough workouts, and training on your own take discipline. The more you do this better you will get. If you translate that focus into personal development you can accomplish so much more in life. You also should learn the art is to make you a better person not misuse the martial arts. A learning techniques that can hurt someone you need to and a mental discipline a point it is appropriate. Even in the United States Marine Corps where the Marine is prepared for combat there is a Code of Honor, Courage, and Commitment that is expected to be followed.
Six reasons why it’s better at Martial Arts and More
1. There’s a structured organized curriculum and guideline to develop both physically and mentally: at the Academy, in school, at work, home and in the community
2. Students are taught and led by successful individuals both in the martial arts and in their personal lives.
3. The Black Belt Success System of goal setting and achieving.
4. A 17 year track record of developing champion martial artist in and outside of the Academy.
5. We exist to inspire and make a difference in our community one Black Belt at a time.
6. We offer a complete martial arts program.
JACKSONVILLE KEMPO KARATE KIDS BEGINNER CLASSES
Our Kids Karate program at Martial Arts & More Family Karate Center is for all children starting at age 6. If your child has some experience or none at all, we have an appropriate program just for them!
Martial Arts & More can help your child succeed and help reinforce the life skills you would like to see in your child at home and in school. We are sure you will be happy with our level of instruction, our attention to safety and cleanliness and our first rate customer service.
Karate, Fitness & Life Skills From Martial Arts & More Changes Kids Lives!
Our professional and caring staff is dedicated to helping every child develop their martial arts and self-defense expertise, as well as their physical fitness and more importantly their character development & life skills which will stay with them the rest of their lives. Our energizing classes provide complete martial arts training in an easy to follow, fun and age appropriate learning system.
Students of Kids Karate classes at Martial Arts & More in Jacksonville learn in a fun, disciplined, safe environment with a curriculum that will enhance their martial arts and life skills. Our classes teach the basic mechanics of kicking and punching, as well as effective self-defense skills. We focus on helping to develop a whole child, not just physically strong, but emotionally strong as well.
Get Started Today With Kids Karate Classes In Jacksonville!
Fill out the short form on the side of this page to get all the information you need to get your child started today and give your child a kick start to success!
Benefits of Jacksonville kids martial arts:
KEMPO KARATE, TAE KWON DO AND MANY MARTIAL ARTS FOR KIDS AND ADULTS JACKSONVILLE NC 9109890006
KARATE TKD, BJJ, KEMPO, TAE KWON DO
KUNG FU, SELF-DEFENSE, BULLY PROOFING
BIRTHDAY PARTIES JACKSONVILLE
The Basic Program for new students:
Upgraded programs: Master's Club and Leadership Program, Storm/Swat Teams, competition teams, and Demonstration teams